Veterinary Careers in Ames
Have you ever wanted the opportunity to experience career growth and development in a profession that you love? Join the Somerset Veterinary Hospital team! Our practice is the perfect place to learn, grow, and put your skills to good use. Take a look at the available veterinary career opportunities below, and if you think you would be a great fit for our team, apply today!
Somerset Veterinary Hospital is looking to hire a compassionate veterinary technician to join our dedicated team on a full-time and part-time (25-30 hours) basis. Our goal is to make patients feel at home while providing an atmosphere to make the entire family feel comfortable and welcome. Experience is preferred. Qualifying skills include:
- Comfort in placing IV catheters
- Calculating drug dosages
- Administering medications to patients
- Preparing patients, instruments, and equipment for surgery
- Monitoring patients under sedation or general anesthesia
- Assisting veterinarians with medical care and patient treatments
- Building relationships with pets and their family through compassionate care
- Effective communication, and client education
- Working well with a tight-knit team of medical professionals
Pay is proportionate to experience. Full-time veterinary technicians are eligible for excellent benefits including: paid time off, retirement planning, uniform allowance, and paid holidays. Hospital hours are from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday, and Saturday 8am-12pm; no on-call services required. Flexible work schedule averaging 40 hours per week, includes a weekday afternoon off, and some scheduled Saturdays. We are drug free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for the position, click here to email your resume and cover letter to us. No phone calls, please.