Have you ever wanted the opportunity to experience career growth and development in a profession that you love? Join the Somerset Veterinary Hospital team! Our practice is the perfect place to learn, grow, and put your skills to good use. Take a look at the available veterinary career opportunities below, and if you think you would be a great fit for our team, apply today!
Somerset Veterinary Hospital is looking to hire a compassionate veterinary technician to join our dedicated team on a full-time and part-time (25-30 hours) basis. Our goal is to make patients feel at home while providing an atmosphere to make the entire family feel comfortable and welcome. Experience is preferred. Qualifying skills include:
- Comfort in placing IV catheters
- Calculating drug dosages
- Administering medications to patients
- Preparing patients, instruments, and equipment for surgery
- Monitoring patients under sedation or general anesthesia
- Assisting veterinarians with medical care and patient treatments
- Building relationships with pets and their family through compassionate care
- Effective communication, and client education
- Working well with a tight-knit team of medical professionals
Pay is proportionate to experience. Full-time veterinary technicians are eligible for excellent benefits including: paid time off, retirement planning, uniform allowance, and paid holidays. Hospital hours are from 7:30am-10pm Monday-Friday, and Saturday 8am-12pm; no on-call services required. Flexible work schedule averaging 40 hours per week, includes a weekday afternoon off, and some scheduled Saturdays. We are drug free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for the position, submit an application below. No phone calls, please.